Pages

Friday, January 8, 2016

5 New Year's Resolutions for Pet Parents

A new year is the perfect opportunity to take a step back and reevaluate your habits and routines. As a pet parent, you have a big responsibility -- to make sure your furry friend is happy, healthy and well-taken care of.

So instead of resolving to lose weight or eat more vegetables, why not promise to be an even better pet parent in 2016? Here are some ideas:

1. I will walk my dog daily! Even pets are susceptible to winter weight gain. Vow to walk your dog every day -- this winter and year-round -- to keep his heart in good shape.

2. I will play with my pet! When's the last time you made time to play with your furry family member? Set some time aside every day this year. Even just 30 minutes will help your pet get exercise and strengthen your bond.

3. I will stop feeding my pet human food! Your trusty companion gets all the nutrients she needs in high-quality pet food. Table food will only cause weight gain and other health issues.

4. I will take my pet on an adventure! Take your dog on a hike, or give your cat a tour of the backyard. After all, we could all use a change of scenery from time to time.


veterinarians murray hill nj - veterinarians new providence nj

5. I will schedule a veterinary appointment! Regular veterinary care is important. To make an appointment with Berkeley Heights Animal Hospital, head to our website or give us a call at 908-464-0023.

Located near Summit, NJ, our vet can help your sick pet get better through many of our services such as vaccines, surgical procedures, dog and cat spays and neuters, and much more. We will treat your sick pet like family!

Don't forget to find us on Facebook, Twitter and YouTube.

No comments:

Post a Comment