Pages

Wednesday, December 28, 2016

A Dog's Thoughts On New Year's Resolutions

What are New Year’s Resolutions? Hm, okay. Let’s see. I can bark more at the neighbors walking by the house when we’re watching our shows. Mom and Dad love when I do that, right? Yes, definitely. I’ll bark more. What else? Well, the cat brings Mom those dead birds from outside. I can give her bigger and better presents; I have to. Oh! I can give her that squirrel that’s always hanging around the house. That will definitely show her that I love her more that the cat does.

Wait! What if I just do what she does. The humans always say imitation is the highest form of flattery. We’ll just go into the kitchen and find that list she wrote. She writes so small-what does this even say? “New Year’s Resolutions”?

Measure Food. This one’s good. I definitely need my food measured. I’m starting to look like that big guy in the red suit that’s always on the TV this time of year. Measuring my food will help me stay in healthy shape. What else?

Try New Activities. Oh yes! I’m so bored walking around the same 5 blocks. I’ll tell Mom & Dad we should go on hikes and to the beach. That’ll be exciting! Let’s go tell them now! No, no, Spike. Read the rest of the list.

Better Oral Hygiene. If this means I get to eat those mint treats again, I like this one. Maybe Dad will even brush my teeth like he does his. That toothpaste tasted so good; except they got mad I ate it. It’s fine- the humans totally make dog toothpaste; I’ll have Dad get me that one.

Groom Daily. I love when Mom brushes my fur- the comb feels so tingly. Plus that’ll get rid of all this loose fur and make me look shiny again. Does this mean more baths, too?! Then we get to play that game where I run out of the tub and they chase me around the house. That game is so fun! Ok, what’s this last one?

Visit Doctor Regularly. Is a doctor the same as a vet? Oh! That means I get to see the pawsome doctors at Berkeley Heights Animal Hospital! They’re my favorite humans! Well, besides Mom & Dad. They make sure I’m healthy and make me better when I’m sick! Oh, I’m so excited!

Mom & Dad are so spot on with this list. It’s like they wrote it just for me. Just proves they like me better since they didn’t write a list for the cat. Ruh-Roh, they did. I better eat it so they don’t remember that all these great New Year’s resolutions apply to Fluffy, too. Good, now that that’s done, I’ve got to figure out how to convince Mom & Dad to start 2017 with a feline-free house.

The story above was the inner monologue of your dog figuring out how to improve themselves in the new year. And yes, that’s what they’re thinking. Trust us. Berkeley Heights Animal Hospital is committed to helping you and your pet start off 2017 in the best possible way. If you need an Animal Hospital in Summit or New Providence, NJ, we are your trusted veterinarians. To make an appointment, call us today at 908-464-0023.

No comments:

Post a Comment